Tennis/Track Facilities to be Opened
TENNIS/TRACK FACILITIES OPEN
In response to Texas Governor Greg Abbott’s announcement on April 27, Wimberley ISD has reopened two of its athletic facilities with limited capacity on Friday, May 1.
Only the WISD tennis complex and track are open for public use. The public use of these facilities must meet the guidelines established by the Governor during his announcement of Executive Order-GA18.
- Groups using a tennis court must number four or less
- Groups walking or running together on the track must number four or less
- The use of the tennis courts adjacent to one another is not allowed; please use the facility with at least one tennis court in between you and other playing groups to observe social distancing
- The use of the football field is NOT allowed - participants utilizing Texan Stadium must remain on the track only
- The WISD baseball/softball complex will remain closed at this time
The Governor plans to revisit the announced guidelines on May 18.