How will the "One Water" system at the new primary school work?
- Rainwater and HVAC Collection to flush toilets and provide irrigation for landscape and school gardens.
- Water saving fixtures to reduce water usage.
- Green Stormwater Infrastructure to slow down runoff, recharge groundwater and reduce nonpoint source pollution.
- Gray/black water treated and beneficially reused onsite to irrigate surrounding areas.
- Educational features include clear pipes and signage installed into the architecture of the school to create an immersive, educational experience.
- Groundwater/potable water demand will be reduced by 90% from standard construction.