- Jacob's Well Elementary School
Return to Headlines
Letter from Superintendent York - June 2, 2020
June 2, 2020
I hope the start to your summer break has been healthy, relaxing, and enjoyable. I know with summer beginning your thoughts have probably turned to next school year. We have been discussing options for the 2020-21 school year since Spring Break. Given the information we have today I can inform you that we are moving forward with plans to follow our Board-approved calendar for the 20-21 school year.
If guidance from the state, county, local health officials, and/or the Texas Education Agency recommends closures of our campuses during the school year, we will add school days at the end of the year, and into June if necessary. I believe a return to normalcy, and a keen focus on the health and well-being of our students and staff can coexist together.
To ensure your family is ready for the new school year, there are a number of things that you can take care of now.
- Please complete the returning or new student registration. This is especially beneficial to us as it helps with staff decisions.
- Please note that WHS will be modifying the August registration/schedule pick-up process. Please stay tuned to your email and the WHS Twitter account for those updates.
- For families at Jacob's Well Elementary and Blue Hole Primary, you can also receive info online for Kid Connection, see supply lists for the coming year, and save the dates for Meet the Teacher nights.
- Please continue with online learning resources throughout the summer with your children. This will help your child to be ready August 19 to hit the ground running. We are preparing to identify and fill any learning gaps at the start of the school year that might be present as a result of at-home learning.
- If you need any help with any of those items please contact your campus Monday through Thursday from 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Before I wrap up this letter I want to say how much I appreciate all of our parents for working with us through this period of at-home learning. I know you gave your very best in a difficult situation, while at the same time trying to manage your own jobs and households. I know that the resilience that our families, students, and staff members showed during this time will help us in the future. Thank you for your continued support of WISD!