TravelHotels:A request of a hotel stay should be requested before travel has occured and will be paid by a District check or District purchase card. State tax will NOT be reimbursed for a hotel stay. Remember to take a Texas Hotel Tax Exempt form.Mileage:Using the Travel Expense Report Template, list the number of actual miles on the travel claim. The mileage reimbursement rate will be the current standard rate allowed by the Texas Comptrollers of Public Accounts.Per Diem:
- Per diem should be requested before travel has occurred and will be paid by District check or District purchase card from your Department or Campus Secretary.
- Sponsors, Coaches, Teachers and Staff must turn in ALL receipts and any remaining funds using the Travel Expense Report Template. Receipts and Expense Report should be sent to Accounts Payable within 5 business days.
- Student per diem must be signed for by the students using the Student Per Diem Signature Sheet. The Signature Sheets should be sent to Accounts Payable within 5 business days.
- Employee meals, when an overnight stay has occurred, are reimbursed by Accounts Payable.
- Employee meals, when no overnight stay has occurred, are reimbursed by Payroll.
Travel claims will be processed in accordance with WISD policies and guidelines. However, supervisors, local grants or federal grants have the discretion to limit travel reimbursements in order to meet budgetary restrictions. Prior approval for reimbursement of travel and incidentals must be obtained before expenses are incurred.