Placing an Order Using a Purchase Orders
- Determine what you need to order - get quotes, including shipping costs
- Input a purchase order - your campus/department Secretary maybe in charge of this for your campus/department
- You MUST have an approved purchase order BEFORE placing your order. Always use a valid APPROVED purchase order when placing an order with an approved vendor. Plaing an order WITHOUT a valid approved purchase order, will make you financially responsible for payment, including taxes. A valid approved purchase order will have a signature on the bottom of "Randall Rau".
- Purchase orders must be received online and original invoices received in the Accounts Payable Department in order to process payments.
- Purchase orders for consultants should include the Consultant Agreement Form. Employees should never pay Consultants out-of-pocket - all payments for services should be made by District check.
- When registering for a workshop or conference, a purchase order may be used for the reservation. The purchase order must include documentation for payment such as the conference registration or conformation email.