• Frequently Asked Questions

    About Sports Physicals and Athletic Paperwork

    Does my child have to have a physical every year in the Wimberley ISD (WISD)?
    No, under UIL requirements, a physical examination form must be completed prior to junior high participation and again prior to first and third years of high school athletic participation.  It must be completed if there are “yes” answers to specific questions on the student MEDICAL HISTORY FORM.  Local policy can be adopted to require an annual physical, but that is not a requirement in WISD.

    How long does a sports physical remain active?
    A sports physical must be done before the student-athletes’ 7th grade, 9th grade, and 11th grade years.  Basically, every 2 years.  However, if a student-athlete answers “yes” to specific questions on the MEDICAL HISTORY FORM, the student-athlete may be required to obtain another sports physical.  

    Must all paperwork be signed and returned for participation in UIL athletics?

    Where can I find the appropriate forms and/or paperwork?
    This year, the forms will be online. Please go to:   https://www.registermyathlete.com/login/?system=uil to create an account and fill out the annual forms.   

    You can contact your child’s coach at their respective school.  You can also visit the school district website at https://www.wimberleyisd.net/physicals. From there you can download a 2023-2024 Athletic Forms Packet.

    The last option is to email the WISD Athletic Trainer Johnny Gonzales at johnny.gonzales@wimberleyisd.net and he can email these forms directly to you.  He can also be contacted at 512-847-5729, extension 3203.

    Will Wimberley ISD be hosting a sports physical clinic this year?
    Yes! There was an event held on May 17, 2023 at Texan Gym.

    Where can we go to get a sports physical?
    You can come to the Sports Physical date on May 17th at Texan Gym.  If you cannot attend, please contact your child’s primary care provider or a physician of your choice that can perform a sports physical.  If you do not have a primary care provider,  you can go to urgent care clinics such as: Medpost Urgent Care in San Marcos or Live Oak/CHRISTUS Trinity walk-in clinic in San Marcos.  Also attached to this packet is a list of facilities who have given us information on where to go and get a sports physical.  You can reach out to these providers and schedule an appointment with them.

    When is the athletic paperwork due?
    Under UIL rules, all athletic paperwork is due prior to any practice, game/scrimmage. You may email any athletic paperwork to Coach Gonzales at johnny.gonzales@wimberleyisd.net or turn it in at the Fieldhouse or WHS if you are going to be at Wimberley High School.  If you are going to be a 7th or 8th grader, please drop your packet off at Danforth Jr. High.