Ten weeks ago I never would have believed that our school year would end in the manner that it did. This has been a long process and we cannot change that, but what we can do is prepare for what is to come.
Last Friday, the UIL released extensive guidelines for us as we slowly progress back to opening up. As a staff, we prepared to meet these guidelines for the safety of all involved. If you have not read over the full content of the guidelines, you can find it here https://www.uiltexas.org/athletics/covid-19-information.
Some of the protocols that we will stress and have in place are:
- the use of small and consistent groups to minimize contact
- hand sanitizer stations
- daily thermal scans upon entry
- cleaning and disinfecting of the weight stations after each use
We need you guys to help us out also
- an initial self exam for the symptoms of the covid virus
- there will be no shared water stations so bring your own water bottle daily
- please bring a bandana or mask daily to wear when you are spotting
- no lingering before or after workouts
- use proper social distancing techniques
With the small group requirements, we have had to adjust our schedule from past years to accommodate everyone. We realize this may cause some conflicts with siblings going at different times, but this was the best solution for the parameters we were given.
Our High School groups (incoming 9-12) will begin June 8th at Texan Stadium.
Our JH groups( (incoming 7&8) will begin on June 15th at Wimberley High School.
Camp will run the weeks of June 8th,15th,22nd,29th, July 13th, 27th.
*Please follow the assigned groups so that we are able to maintain and monitor our guidelines.
Group 1- 10th thru 12th grade football 7:30-9:00
Group 2- 10-12 HS boys, HS girls, 9th grade boys 9:30-11:00
Group 1- 8th grade boys and girls 7:30-9:00
Group 2- 7th grade boys and girls 9:00-10:30
To sign up for Strength and Speed Camp follow the link for the Google Form or print the documents from the school website to bring the first day of attendance.
To pay online Click here