Nestled in the majestic community of Wimberley, Texas, the Wimberley Independent School District offers the best of both worlds to local families—a small town environment with schools committed to innovation and excellence. WISD campuses include Scudder Primary School for students in PreK-1st grade, Jacobs Well Elementary for students in 2nd-5th grade, Danforth Junior High for students in 6th-8th grade and Wimberley High School, home of the Texans and students in 9th-12th grade.
Find it Fast
THE BARNABAS CONNECTION'S BACK TO SCHOOL FIESTA
Registration is now open for the Barnabas Connection's Back to School Fiesta Program. If your family needs financial assistance with school supplies for next school year please fill out this registration form before June 12. The distribution event is planned for August 2 at a site yet to be determined.
TENNIS/TRACK FACILITIES OPEN
In response to Texas Governor Greg Abbott’s announcement on April 27, Wimberley ISD has reopened two of its athletic facilities with limited capacity on Friday, May 1.
Only the WISD tennis complex and track are open for public use. The public use of these facilities must meet the guidelines established by the Governor during his announcement of Executive Order-GA18.
- Groups using a tennis court must number four or less
- Groups walking or running together on the track must number four or less
- The use of the tennis courts adjacent to one another is not allowed; please use the facility with at least one tennis court in between you and other playing groups to observe social distancing
- The use of the football field is NOT allowed - participants utilizing Texan Stadium must remain on the track only
- The WISD baseball/softball complex will remain closed at this time
The Governor plans to revisit the announced guidelines on May 18.
On Thursday, May 21 a vehicle parade honoring the Wimberley High School graduating class of 2020 will follow a route that includes visits to all four WISD campuses and through town.
Following the latest release of graduation ceremony guidelines from the Texas governor and the TEA, Wimberley High School has announced its plan for a graduation ceremony for the Class of 2020 on Friday, June 5 at Texan Stadium.
A teacher and three Wimberley ISD board members were named in the 2020 edition of the Wimberley View's "Best of Wimberley" publication.