Wimberley Independent School District
5-Year Plan Submitted by the Strategic Planning Committee
Approved by the Board of Trustees on May 15, 2017
Empowering and Inspiring ALL Students to Achieve their FULL Potential!
WISD is dedicated to excellence in education that fosters a culture of kindness and respect, creates life-long learners, and empowers students to make a positive impact on their community
We Believe That:
- Everything that we do should help ensure the success of ALL of our students.
- As educators, we maximize class time in an engaging and challenging way.
- Our teachers are personally invested in our students.
- Students in Wimberley are committed to community service and the community supports students in return.
- A quality, public Wimberley I.S.D. education drives the future of a successful Texas.
- As a district, we strive to meet the needs of the "whole child": academically, emotionally and socially.
- W.I.S.D. provides the foundation to create engaged citizens who will become life-long learners.
- All our children, parents, faculty and staff should be treated with kindness and respect.
- We are committed to excellence in all we do.
Wimberley ISD Strategic Goals and Objectives
GOAL ONE: Achieve Excellence in Education
a. Increase project based hands-on learning opportunities at all grade levels
b. Employ qualified staff who have demonstrated success in teaching and leadership
c. Provide professional development opportunities in all areas including academic, behavior management and
d. Provide safe and healthy environments, buildings and facilities
GOAL TWO: FOSTER A CULTURE OF KINDNESS AND RESPECT
a. Provide character training and engagement for students and staff that instill the importance of integrity,
kindness, honesty and respect
b. Promote active listening to create students and future citizens who can effectively engage and
communicate in a diverse world
c. Communicate effectively between schools for student relationships
d. Provide guidance to improve digital citizenship and media literacy among students and staff
e. Celebrate diversity and provide a welcoming environment for ALL students and staff
GOAL THREE: CREATE LIFE-LONG LEARNERS
a. Cultivate passion for learning and doing, such that every student can find their way forward to a happy life
b. Reward perseverance and hard work
c. Provide diverse and relevant learning / course opportunities for all students at all grade levels that are
challenging and meaningful
GOAL FOUR: MAKE A POSITIVE COMMUNITY IMPACT
a. Provide diverse extra-curricular activities that are fun, student-centered and engaging
b. Increase community partnerships to create opportunities for district collaborations
c. Teach the importance of responsibility and good citizenship
d. Promote volunteerism through school and extra-curricular activities